We've had lots of fun harvesting carrots from our raised bed this week! Thanks for everyone who came by and were able to participate in the fun. Ask at the desk next time you are in the Children's Department to find out if anything is ready for harvest, and if it is, you are more than welcome to help us eat it up!
Check out our pics of mini-patrons and patrons harvesting fresh veggies from our terrace garden...
A few fun carrot facts!
- Three carrots can give you enough energy to walk three miles
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A and calcium. Eating nine carrots is the equivalent to one glass of milk
- The ancient Greeks called carrots "Karato"
- The carrot is a member of the parsley family
- Carrots can be found in an array of colors from purple to orange to white
Don't forget to stop by and see the garden!!